From: Bhavna Shinde , FHA
Date: Wed, Mar 3, 2010
Subject: Concern over Ganesh and Shiva toys, puppets and clocks
To: [email protected]

||Sree||

Namaste.

We were contacted by a concerned Hindu regarding some toys and materials on sale on your website/in your shops. As can be seen at the below links, you have some toys of Lord Ganesh and Lord Shiva, such as puppets and dolls of these Deities, and clocks/watches with Their images with Their hands as the hands of the clock/watch.

(E.g.: http://www.philosophersguild.com/index.lasso?page_mode=search&act=search&search=Ganesh

http://www.philosophersguild.com/index.lasso?page_mode=search&act=search&search=Shiva )

We would like to bring to your attention that millions of Hindus around the world worship Lord Ganesh and Lord Shiva as their revered symbols of faith. Using the images of these Deities in clocks/watches and making puppets and dolls of them, trivializes these revered symbols of faith. The concept of manipulating puppets and playing with dolls made after Deities is downright denigrating, given that Hindus perform devoted worship and spiritual practice to experience the eternal truth that these Deities govern the universe. Hence, we urge you to immediately withdraw from your website and shops these toys and materials made after our revered Deities and in future not make such toys and materials that denigrate Hindu sacred symbols.

Sincerely,
Bhavna Shinde
www.ForumforHinduAwakening.org

Company’s response to letter of Bhavna Shinde, FHA